Today’s weather: Sunny with a chance of a million dollars.
Today our lessons on making money come from the book The One Minute Millionaire by Mark Victor Hansen and Robert Allen
This book is structured in an unusual and interesting way: the right side is the non-fiction ‘The One Minute Millionaire’ while the right side is a novel. The story follows Michelle, a recently widowed mother of two, who after losing custody of her children to her in-laws, has 90 days to come up with a million dollars in order to get them back.
Here’s a summary of some of the things you’ll learn from this book.
Two Ways to Millionize Your Life:
- Find investments that yield at least 10% annually after taxes.
- Keep up the process, year in and year out.
4 Steps to Your First Million:
- Decide that it’s okay to be a millionaire.
- Practice imagining yourself enjoying an abundant lifestyle.
- Spend less than you earn.
- Invest the difference.
Choose Your Millionaire Mountain:
- Investments: Shares, bonds, etc.
- Real estate.
- Every successful person has a mentor.
- Mentoring is a powerful form of leverage.
- Mentors are everywhere.
- Mentors don’t need to be people.
- Constantly seek out mentoring relationships.
- Assemble a Dream Team of your favourite heroes and sheroes.
- Set a goal to search for at least one millionaire a month.
- The best kind of mentor is a transformational one.
Money Skills of Extremely Prosperous People
- Share it
- Remember the importance of networking and how it increases your leverage.
- Identify the kind of worker you are: ideas generator, the planner, the problem identifier, or the methodical and logical one. You need to have at least one of each type of worker on your team.
The book will show you how anyone can become a millionaire, regardless of where you are. It simplifies the processes and is simple to follow.
Taken from: One Minute Millionaire, Mark Victor Hansen, Robert Allen.
Where to buy it:
- I got my copy from Text Book Centre for Ksh850. You can also find it at Prestige.
- It’s also available on Amazon.
If you want to explore more, visit the website One Minute Millionaire